The Concrete Centre confirms sponsorship for Offsite Awards 2021
29 Jan 2021
The Concrete Centre is delighted to be sponsoring the Best Use of Concrete Technology category for another year in the Offsite Construction Awards. The 2021 entries are now open, so please ensure you submit your project or innovation by the 28th May deadline.
More about the category - Best Use of Concrete Technology
This category will reward the exemplar use of precast concrete in a project across any UK construction sector. Including floor and wall panels, cladding, volumetric and pod technology, pre-stressed units and formwork systems, the entrant will have used concrete as a major factor in delivering quality, factory-controlled, robust and sustainable offsite manufacture.
Special attention will be given to material performance levels and any project should clearly demonstrate how cost-predictability, economy, accuracy, transportability, speed of installation and principles of lean manufacture have been achieved.
Last year’s winners – Kier Integrated Team - New Build Prison at Wellingborough
Winners of the category in 2020 were Kier Integrated Team - New Build Prison at Wellingborough. This vast £253m project delivers 1,680 prison places and is the first in a series of schemes to reform and modernise the prison estate to make it more efficient, safer and focused on rehabilitation.
Wellingborough is the perfect blend of digital and DfMA advancement; providing direct project benefits, wider economic gains, as well as programme-wide improvements through standardisation, digital integration and MMC leaving a legacy that will transform the way the Ministry of Justice deliver future prisons.
Why enter the Offsite Construction Awards?
- Benefit from free publicity within Offsite Construction Awards promotion.
- All categories are free to enter.
- Stand out as a leader in the industry.
- Have your projects/companies assessed by a distinguished panel of industry experts and receive quality feedback and recognition for your outstanding work.
- Receive a specially commissioned winner’s trophy - giving recognition to your staff and team that their hard work is acknowledged and rewarded by the industry.
For more information, please visit www.offsiteawards.co.uk