Sustainability Series: Lower Carbon Concretes – Revision of BS 8500 (Week 3)
|Recorded:||Thursday 28 September 2023
|Presented by:||Claire Ackerman, Executive Director, The Concrete Centre
The revision to BS 8500 will be published in November 2023 and will include the introduction of lower carbon ternary (or multi-component) cements, CEM II/C-M and CEM VI.
This webinar discusses the main revisions to the standard and how the method of specification has changed to facilitate the wider range of lower carbon concretes that will be available.
The presentation will be followed by a Q&A (with questions welcomed from the audience) answered by industry experts who can respond to queries on concrete and structural design.
Presentations within the webinar include:
Welcome - Claire Ackerman, Executive Director, The Concrete Centre
Lower carbon concretes - Revision of BS 8500 - Gareth Wake, Director, MPA Ready-Mixed Concrete
Q&A answered by a panel of cement and concrete experts
- Claire Ackerman (chair) Executive Director, The Concrete Centre
- Gareth Wake, Director, MPA Ready-Mixed Concrete
- Tony Wilson, Regional Technical Manager, Breedon Group
- Jenny Burridge, Director, Structural Design, The Concrete Centre
- Dr Colum McCague, Technical Manager, MPA Cement